Friday, October 17, 2008

Holed up

So I've been stuck at home for two days (this is day two) with gastro - and I just hope no one else gets this bug, it hasn't been pleasant.

Someone outside is mowing, or chainsawing, sporadically like they don't really know what they're doing (or they're working with shoddy equipment.) Yesterday the school grounds and nature strips were mown so this is the second day of noise.

I've just finished reading 'The Book Thief' which is a pretty good book. Narrated by Death (minus black robe and scythe, plus weird sense of humor) this is a book about Leisel a German kid growing up during WWII who takes to stealing books. It wasn't what I was expecting but it was good; moving, funny, and actually a good look at what it was like to be a German in those days, especially one who didn't quite adopt the Nazi thing.

I don't think I've read many books that tell the story of what it was like to be German during that time - mostly just books about Jews, and Russians (fact and fiction) so it was a new perspective which was good.

I was supposed to make Margarita (tequila and lime) cupcakes for work yesterday - but obviously have been at home since then. I still have limes in my bag.. I should make them for NickNight tonight - but then I might pass on my germs.. wouldn't want that.

No comments: