Monday, May 31, 2010

Trying New Things

This has been a week of trying new things.

This week I learned you can knit standing up on the train station talking to your friends, actually, I learned that you can knit standing up full stop! An over-the-shoulder-holds-your-knitting-type-bag is essential to this method.

Franklin learned he was good at baking this weekend too. Starting first with plain white loaves, he quickly (no thanks to our oven dying Sunday morning) progressed to Fougasse:

Which are basically fancy shaped white loaves. But my, do they look fancy!
Needless to say, they were extremely yummy and great with eggplant dip.

2 comments:

Enthusiastic Hack said...

YUM

Dejin said...

As proud as I was of making fougasse that were tasty and good; they just looked like bread to me until Delia pointed her camera-phone at them. Then they became food-pr0n.