Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My first Market...

I really wasn't sure how far off the first time I put things into a market stall was. I certainly didn't think it was going to be this year. I'm not one of those prolific creators that some are, to be able to think that I have enough stuff to make a stall. I still don't have enough stuff to make a stall, but my good friend Ami has had a stall for You Love Random, her business, at the Melbourne Milk Market at Thousand £ Bend. And I finally got around to making some stuff for it!


None of this stuff is particularly what I had in mind for 'me' or 'my future' product-wise, I have other ideas and concepts that are more unique and more 'delia' but I'm pretty happy with my offering from the hours of work I put in, and that I actually did something and took the opportunity. And now, I have spent some time talking to a friend about the hearts (below) and thinking up new an different ways to do them I'm a bit inspired.

My favorite of the framed hearts.. although I probably should've made time to iron the fabric..


I quite like this brooch however, knitting and a button - winner combination in my mind, although it didn't sell so maybe I'm on my own there? I might work up a few more and see what comes of it, but I need to solve the pin on the back dilemma, as it's kinda hard to wrangle with to pin it on... do I stiffen the knitting part, or put a backing..? Something to think about anyway..

2 comments:

Polka Dot Rabbit said...

Love the little knitted bow brooch! Lovely to meet you the other night too, sorry I was a bit out of it, really bad cold and dead tired argh. I got invited to do a stall at Thousant Pound Bebd with Mould. Not quite sure if I will as $60 a stall seems a bit steep...

delia said...

Thanks :) It was lovely to meet you, you were a very lovely hostess regardless of your cold. I can imagine you would have had a very big night that night :)

The market has been very up and very down in terms of public attendance, I think maybe the $60 is safer in your pocket... but who knows, things could be different this week?