Wednesday, October 06, 2010

I love it when someone is clever

OMG guys, O M G! I have found something 'totes' cool - or is that 'toats' - apparently it's what all the cool kids are saying... but I'm not sure how they're spelling it.

Regardless, I have found something cool - and full of pretty things!

It's called Spoonflower.

"Spoonflower makes it possible for individuals to design, print and sell their own fabric designs. It was founded in May 2008 by two Internet geeks who had crafty wives but who knew nothing about textiles. The company came about because Stephen’s wife, Kim, persuaded him that being able to print her own fabric for curtains was a really cool idea. She wasn’t alone. The Spoonflower community now numbers around 70,000 individuals who use their own fabric to make curtains, quilts, clothes, bags, furniture, dolls, pillows, framed artwork, costumes, banners and much, much more. The Spoonflower marketplace offers the largest collection of independent fabric designers in the world. The site has appeared in the New York Times, Associated Press, Vogue, Martha Stewart Weddings, Make, CRAFT, ApartmentTherapy, Photojojo, and many other terrific publications and blogs."

And now in little-old mine. I love it when a great idea comes together!


Here's a selection of the fabrics I found and loved...



From top left clockwise in a spiral fabrics are:
Newspaper Boats, Heather Ross
arborvitae 1, Monica Meehan; Cuckoo Clock, Heidi Kenney of My Paper Crane; Forest Friends, Patty Sloniger; Chickadees in Blue, Lynn Baron; Clothes Pin People, Heather Ross; Little Spools, Heather Ross
 
You can see I really loved the Clothes Pin People, I put in my header (which I hope is OK?) because it just made me feel like spring, possibly because the clothes pin people look like they're going to their brother's picnic engagement party this weekend and having a lovely time in the soft sunshine!

1 comment:

BaSiL said...

OMG, O M G! That is seriously TOTES the best.

Okay, that sounded sarcastic, but its TRUE.