Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Creative Space

I feel like if my blog was a wallet, metaphorically speaking, there would be a moth fly out of it when you checked it. Two weekends ago now, my back went and these last two weeks have seen me visiting the chiro a lot, and resting, waiting for the pain killers to kick in, and only crafting a tiny, tiny amount. I've been feeling quite sad looking at my kitchen table with the makings of a dress half sewn together and not able to face sitting down and picking it back up again after sitting, standing, walking, lying on the carpet in the board room giving a colleague a mega fright (true story) and sitting again at work for as long as I can stand to.

'Treasures in heaven' for my parents who have been so kind to me, driving me in to work, and home again. Weeks like this really make me feel like I should be my own boss - I'm quite motivated to go to work it seems... and actually, this morning walking in to work I had a nice little day dream about owning a store full of lovely things and wrapping them up for people. I have no idea how to run a business, so at this point it was a nice pipe-(day)-dream before sitting down at my desk to get on with real life.


Here's a quick glance at what I've been crafting. I really need to finish it quick I'm thinking as I've already had another idea. Also, I need to get much faster at this stitching thing if I'm going to see my ideas on a wall.

Yes, it says 'hell' it's going to say 'hell yeah!' when it's finished.

Can you cross stitch on the train? I'm thinking I will try.

3 comments:

Bianca said...

WHAT!!!! There is a way to cheat at chross stitch? bugger me! You can go / / / and then back and go \ \ \ ! Wow. Never. Knew. That. I've always hated cross stitch and its stupid little xxx's.

I am goign to give it a go your way!

xB

PS, whats the bet I am the ONLY person who didn't know that.

delia said...

Bianca, you rock :)

BaSiL said...

I didn't know that EITHER!!! cool. I like cross stitch. I will do one too but you have to do the outline for me, k?