Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Learning New Things

I love learning how to do new things, and with the upcoming event in March, the bride, my mother and I have had the opportunity to learn how to make a bouquet, from a retired florist and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

We're not anywhere near great by ourselves, but working together with a trained eye keeping watch we did manage to create some good looking bouquets. And some button holes, which were finished off with varying degrees of success; mine being the furthest from it. I wish I had a photo to demonstrate how amusingly bad mine was, but I only have good pictures:



Not too bad for a first real try, although you'll have to excuse the loose rose leaves in the second picture, they were a last minute addition. It was so much fun to have a go, and I can't wait to have another practice run!

2 comments:

amiriche said...

Looks wonderful!

BaSiL said...

i'm so jealous you got flowers lessons!!! They look awesome!!