Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Persistence Pays Off

So, a few posts ago I vaguely mentioned I was having trouble knitting with 5 needles. Well, I persisted and the beanie is complete.

I got the pattern from Ravelry, it's the 'Lyon Hat' by Veronica O'Neil that features removable ear flaps. It's a tiny bit big, but this hopefully means it will last two winters.


I did eventually stop stabbing my fingers with the needles and figure out a method that I was comfortable with, literally. And once I had re-started twice, the beanie knit itself quite quickly. Making pom poms was as fun as I remember it being, but it's hard to make two exactly the same size, it was beyond me and one of my new catch phrases is 'it's hand made, there's supposed to be flaws.' We'll see how far that gets me.



 



All in all, I'm pretty happy with the final product. I'm thrilled that he put the hat on and wore it for a while, happy to have stuck with it and got the hang of the needles, glad it was a pretty quick project, glad that I learned some new things.

No comments: