Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New beginnings

Recently we had a crafternoon in my lounge room, some lady friends and I. It was such a lovely Saturday afternoon thing to do, I wish I had been able to house everybody I know who likes crafty things. Gatherings with a shared purpose are so uplifting, I suppose that's the reason why team sports are so popular (although very differently paced). We really were designed to be community beings.

I'm not sure if it was a result of our crafternoon, to which he was not invited, or just a slowly growing seed of thought, but this weekend Franklin started his very first cross-stitch. A rainy Sunday afternoon spent in Spotlight finding ada cloth and needles and trailing about after me while I searched (vainly) for yellow velvet, and he's already powering through it.

Wanna see?




He hasn't quite got the knack of crossing all in the same direction, but I think he's got a flair for it. A bit street, and quite a bit cool, even if I am biased. More pics to come as last night he chose three more colours for the background.

No comments: