Thursday, September 15, 2011

R U OK?

Today is R U OK? Day.

It's interesting we need a day to ask each other how we are going, but it's good to put ourselves out there and ask someone we normally wouldn't.

It seems like there is a shortage of quality communities out there, the kind where people ask each other how they're doing and understand each other well enough to know the answer before it's spoken. I am very grateful to be a part of a community that comes very close to this, but at the same time can see that it is very important to continue to share hard times, real feelings and what's 'going on inside' because even in a crowd you can be isolated. Even surrounded by people who love you, no one can see under your skin, or past your smile. You have to let people in.

So lovely people, just so you know, today I am ok. Are you?

1 comment:

amiriche said...

What a wonderful idea!
Good to hear your ok (I hope you're still ok now that it's five days later).

On the 15th I was starting to really stress out but thanks to being part of a loving community I felt comfortable to put my hand up and ask for help.
Today, I'm feeling ok ^_^
Thanks for asking!