Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Goodbye sweeties...

Today is Shrove Tuesday and the first day of Lent. Franklin and I are going to have pancakes for dinner tonight in order to farewell sweet things for the month. I wonder how I'll go? Is it wrong to be thinking I'll fail before I even begin? I think Franklin will do well, I'll just have to remember and not tempt him by baking cakes.

There are a few bumps in the road I can already see - the baby shower (I was looking forward to sponge cake and scones), Saturday is raspberry jam making day, I STILL owe BaSiL a Tim Tam cake and I STILL owe Karli a Mint Choc Chip cake.

I wonder if they could wait another three weeks until I've finished work..? They've waited this long (sorry friends) they probably could.

Thinking about finishing work has made me think about Easter holidays and about Easter 2011 and how fun it was and about these:

(home made hot cross buns)


And this:


(epic easter egg hunt)


And, I'm starting to wonder if it's a bad (crazy and insane) idea or a genius idea to go to Apollo Bay for Easter even if it is the week before the baby is due...

No comments: