Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Butterflies of happiness


I wasn't going to, things have been so hectic around here recently, and I think I am going to move away from the diary-style posting. But I can't really let the first anniversary of her birth go by (too much further) without acknowledging it here.

I have been trying to find a photo of her flat-out grinning, which she does from time to time. I can't think of a better way to encapsulate the feeling of joy I have in knowing my daughter. How can one person's smile be so restorative? It's like a cliche scene from a k-drama, so soppy and cheesy.

Just thinking about that little face, the budding teeth peeking out, eyes all screwed up, the dimples, the chuckle - I have butterflies of happiness.

Happy first year my little baby mouse. I love you.


On a side note, I'm loving working again. I sort of knew I was missing it - but now that I'm working again there's a sort of deep down satisfaction.

No comments: